How to Receive Meals
Guidelines for the Meals On Wheels Program
The purpose of Meals On Wheels is to provide hot, nutritious meals to the homebound elderly who cannot shop or prepare their own meals. Meals are available to those who are homebound, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, handicap or ability to pay.
- Must be at least 60 years old.
- Must be homebound (cannot drive, or driving is very limited.)
- Unable to shop or cook.
- Services are temporarily available to those who are recovering from illness or surgery.
- A MOW-ABC Services Application Form must be submitted
- Meals are delivered between 10 AM and 12:30 PM Monday through Friday. (Frozen meals also are delivered on Thursdays for weekends.)
- Meal recipients must be at home to receive meals.
- Meals on Wheels is closed during holidays (see Operating Schedule). Frozen meals will be provided in advance.